cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Andre Juffer <ajuf...@sun3.oulu.fi>
Subject Using business objects instead of XML
Date Sat, 02 Apr 2005 07:53:11 GMT
Dear List,

I am trying to insert a domain object into the pipiline with control
flow following a suggestion given earlier on this list:

http://www.mail-archive.com/users@cocoon.apache.org/msg23293.html

Suppose, I return some object from a domain class instance, like

var domainObject = com.foo.myClass.doSomething();

The domainObject has all the getters available, e.g. getName(), etc, so
it acts like a regular bean.

Now, I would like insert this object in the pipeline with

cocoon.sendPage ("page", domainObject);

In the sitemap, I have

<map:match pattern="page">
   <map:generate src="module:flow-attr:domainObject" />
   <map:serialize type="xml" />
</map:match>

(This is just to see how it looks like.)

The result of all this is an error of the form:

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Exception during source
resolving.: org.apache.excalibur.source.SourceException: The attribute:
domainObject is empty

This looks obvious to me, since it is probably not clear that the
domainObject in facts represents some class, defined in com.foo.myClass.
So, I tried to define the DomainObject class in JavaScripy, like

function DomainObject()
{
}
DomainObject.prototype.name;

and populate the object manually before calling cocoon.sendPage. The
result is however the same.

I am using cocoon 2.1.7.

Could anyone point out in some detail how exactly I should do this.

Thanks,

The Biocenter and            | Fax: +358-8-553-1141
     the Dep. of Biochemistry | Email: Andre.Juffer@oulu.fi