cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apples block does not have sendPageAndWait
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2005 12:55:47 GMT
Bruno Dumon wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-04-01 at 13:51 +0200, Leszek Gawron wrote:
>
>>gkrishna wrote:
>>
>>>The apples block does demonstrate the flow control even when a user with what
if attitude presses 'browser back button' or clone a page.

>>>there is no sendPageAndWait functionality in the Apples example CalculationApple.java.
It only uses sendPage function.

>>>sendPage is used normally for terminating the flow. ie., user should not be able
to change the values of the shopping cart after the submit button is pressed. But the javascript
does the same through k.invalidate(),
>>>but in java it is not the same case.
>>
>>There is no sendPageAndWait in Apples because Apples flow controller is
>>stateless. If you want to build stateful applications you have to manage
>>state yourself and store the information in session for example.
>

> Apples is stateful, not stateless. You don't need the session to store
> information, you can just put it in instance variables of the apple.
> Apples doesn't do continuations, therefore there's no sendPageAndWait
> method, each new request starts at the beginning of the apples' process
> method.
Sorry for the mess. I must have got it wrong.
Still you have to track the place where you are in your page flow by
yourself.

--
Leszek Gawron                                                 MobileBox
lgawron@apache.org                              http://www.mobilebox.pl