cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Messing, Elad" <elad.mess...@eml-d.villa-bosch.de>
Subject JXTemplate, Xpath and Namespace
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2005 10:36:59 GMT
Hello all
	I have a newbie question related to Xpath expression and
Namspaces.
	Here goes :
	I have an XHTML page. It looks like this :

xmlns:jx="http://apache.org/cocoon/templates/jx/1.0">
	<head>
		<title>title</title>
/>
.
.
.

	Then I pass it through the JXTemplate generator, which changes
it to the xml that look like this :

xmlns:jx="http://apache.org/cocoon/templates/jx/1.0"
xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
	<head>
		<title>title</title>
content="text/css"/>
.
.
.

	As you see, the default namespace http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml
was added to the html declaration. Now - when I try to match 	a
template in this xml document - I.E. " //head " the Xpath doesn't find
the node - because it is actually connected 	to the default
namespace, and Xpath will not return the <head> element. I think that
for Xpath there is no such 	thing as default namespace.

	I know I can use the Xpath expression with *[1] and etc to reach
the desired node- but this is not very elegant.

	So my question is - What should be done in this case ?
	Should I have the JXTemplate generator to not add the defualt
namespace ? How ?
	Or maybe this is not the right direction ?

	Thanks

Elad Messing