cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Spring and Cocoon ?
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2005 08:00:59 GMT
Il giorno 20/apr/05, alle 01:03, Sebastien Arbogast ha scritto:

> Ok that's what I was afraid of : when my application context is
> initialized, I get some SQLException errors because it can't find my
> database. Because if I'm not wrong, cocoon.xconf is processed after
> web.xml so hsqldb-server instance is setup after spring application
> context. So it seems that I can't use hsqldb internally even if it's
> very interesting because it can really simplify application deployment
> from the user's point of view : no need to configure any database or
> datasource externally, the application does it on its own.
> It seems I will have to use some external database anyway...

This is the reason why my the instructions for my CHS [1] sample app
explicitly state that you should *exclude* the hsqldb Cocoon block from
the build. Inside CHS there is a Spring component that wraps HSQLDB and
ensures that it is available before the datasource is initialized. I
did that for exactly the same reasons you mention here.

	Ugo

[1] http://cocoondev.org/main/117/43.html

--
Ugo Cei