cocoon-users mailing list archives

From André Thénot <andre-li...@thenot.org>
Subject Re: Scalability, Performance, Stability
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2005 14:43:30 GMT
On Apr 16, 2005, at 6:15, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> If your system crashes in normal use, there must be a way to crash it
> in the lab as well, where it's much easier to debug and do post-mortem
> analyses. Often, just running a few tens of wget loops in a shell will
> show problems already.

And if I may add to this, when doing load testing, have the requests
come from a different machine, and make sure you know that the tool you
use actually works for the scenario you are testing. I saw a client who
was wondering why their Cocoon site wouldn't scale when in fact it was
the tool they were using (jMeter) which was having trouble parsing the
results fast enough in certain cases...

A.