cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Matt P." <m...@area403.org>
Subject soap, xml stream
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2005 13:54:55 GMT
Hello all,

I've gone back in the archive for about 2 years, and didn't find a
satisfying answer. If it's out there, please point it out.

I have a c++ application, that consumes and produces xml. The xml output
is serialized (char*). That's the legacy I have to work with.

My problem is finding the way(s) to make this output available to a
pipeline.

I have been successful at creating pieces of pipeline to create an input
form, flow the output into a soap envelope, have the soap processed, and
the return soap document transformed to extract the xml output of my
application. cool, so i have this xml string/stream, that doesn't tickle
the xsl transformer who only responds to sax. I can serialize it instead
to an xml, and put this into a pipeline named e.g. match="output.xml",
but how can i use in another part of the sitemap?

I've looked at STX, but we're talking about a big document, and i don't
really want to reimplement a stylesheet that's already there.

I've looked at stream generators, but i have still a little newbie head,
and I can't see how it would fit.

TIA,

Matt

This doesn't work:

<map:match pattern="output.xml">
<map:generate type="serverpages" src="form/main.xsp"/>
<map:transform src="stylesheets/output_extract_soap.xsl"/>
<map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:match>

<map:match pattern="output.html">
<map:generate type="file" src="cocoon:/output.xml"/>
<map:transform src="stylesheets/output.xsl"/>
<map:serialize/>
</map:match>