cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jorge Davila <is...@nicaraguarealestate.com>
Subject Re: How to go with Cocoon forms
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2005 16:01:19 GMT
Well, there are some task that will be  accomplished to get cocoon work.

Basically the process to create a form is:
1.- Create the form definition file (mapping the fields that exists in
the db tables)
2.- Create the binding file (mapping the fields that exists in the java
beans)

This points (1 and 2) lies on xml, jxpath.

3.- Create the template file (this is the presentation tier, lie on
jxpath)

The links:

xml: http://www.w3.org/XML/
jxpath: http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/jxpath/users-guide.html

JXPath is "in my words" a query language to java beans like XPath is a
query language to xml documents.

Of course, I suppose that you has been successfully installed cocoon. If
not read this:

http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/installing/index.html

To get information about java and the object/relational bridge:

Read here:

http://db.apache.org/ojb/

And finally, you can study the examples that are included in the cocoon
distribution.

Best regards,

Jorge Dávila.