cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Announce] Eclipse Lepido, and opensource IDE for Apache Cocoon
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2005 21:06:39 GMT
On Tue, 2005-04-05 at 19:33 +0200, Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> [Announce] Eclipse Lepido

Hello Sylvain,

nice to hear you are planing this project but did you know that in
forrest.apache.org we host already a similar tool?

Have a look at
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/forrest/trunk/tools/eclipse/

You wrote that your project is starting in the proposal phase, you may
consider using the forrest/eclipse plugin and helping to enhance it in
forrest.apache.org. That would allow you a quick start with community
and code. ;-)

We, speaking for the forrest project, will happily welcome you (and
everybody else) and help you creating the project here on apache. Maybe
as subproject of forrest/cocoon. Of course you can go ahead with your
original plan and use the above mentioned code (it's open source ;-) )
as starting point if you want.

Anyway thanks for this good news. I am looking forward to use (and if I
can, enhance) it. :)

For all that do not know forrest:
Apache Forrest is an XML standards-oriented documentation framework
based upon Apache Cocoon, providing XSLT stylesheets and schemas, images
and other resources. Forrest uses these to render the source content
into a website via command-line, robot, or dynamic application.

salu2
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"