cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Re. Dynamic generation of CForms
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2005 15:18:56 GMT
On Thu, 2005-04-07 at 14:39 +0200, Mattom wrote:
> Ok, so I do aggregate the form defintion and template to one xml !?
>
> I tried this with the sample from the
> http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/forms/sample.html, aggregating the
> form definition with the template in an new <anyroottag> and then
> passing it through the xslt transformer mentioned in
> http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/forms/xslt.html
> Nothing dynamic here ok, but, one xml as definition, and one as template...
>
> I do get some output, but actually the form template does not know about
> the form definition... is there any sample for the XSLT way of
> publishing CForms (nothing in the blocks/samples/forms) ?

You need to approach it differently, basically do everything as in the
normal CForms samples, but where you usually supply the filename of the
form definition, you need to put a "cocoon:" URL to fetch the form
definition from a pipeline.

Thus in flowscript that would give something like:

var form = new Form("cocoon:/my-form-definition-generation-pipe");

whereby you would then in the sitemap have a matcher that matches
"my-form-definition-generation-pipe" which contains a pipeline to
generate the form definition.