cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mark Eggers <its_toas...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: build error, cocoon 2.1.7, ant 1.6.2, linux
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2005 18:19:51 GMT
On Tue, 2005-04-05 at 17:13 +0200, Jorg Heymans wrote:

>  From build.sh :
> # ----- Ignore system CLASSPATH variable
> OLD_CLASSPATH="$CLASSPATH"
> unset CLASSPATH
> CLASSPATH="`echo lib/endorsed/*.jar | tr ' ' $S`"
> export CLASSPATH
>
> # ----- Use Ant shipped with Cocoon. Ignore installed in the system Ant
> OLD_ANT_HOME="$ANT_HOME"
> ANT_HOME=tools
> OLD_ANT_OPTS="$ANT_OPTS"
> ANT_OPTS="-Xms32M -Xmx512M -Djava.endorsed.dirs=lib/endorsed"
> export ANT_HOME ANT_OPTS
>
> "$ANT_HOME/bin/ant" -logger org.apache.tools.ant.NoBannerLogger -emacs  $@
> ERR=$?
>
> # ----- Restore ANT_HOME and ANT_OPTS
> ANT_HOME="$OLD_ANT_HOME"
> ANT_OPTS="$OLD_ANT_OPTS"
> export ANT_HOME ANT_OPTS
> unset OLD_ANT_HOME
> unset OLD_ANT_OPTS
>
> It does seem to do what i thought it should do.

I don't have RHEL, but I do build this on Fedora Core 3.  I have no
problems building Cocoon 2.1.7 with either jdk 1.4.2_06-b03 or
1.5.0_01-b08.

> The Ant website [1] seems to indicate that these problems occur when
> another ant is somewhere in the classpath. Maybe the call to unset
> CLASSPATH fails somehow, can someone try checking $? after the unset call?

While I do have ANT_HOME set in my environment, I do not have a
CLASSPATH set.

I just set my CLASSPATH to $HOME_ANT/lib/ant-launcher.jar and rebuilt
Cocoon 2.1.7 with jdk 1.4.2 to see what would happen.  As I type this, I
don't see any problems (currently building the documents).

I can try jdk 1.5, but I imagine the results will be the same.

Could remnants of GNU's Java be in the way?  I know Fedora Core 3 has
this, but I don't know if RHEL does.

Just some thoughts . . . .

--
Mark Eggers <its_toasted@yahoo.com>