cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: [FINS] is this still alive? JFreeChart option?
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2005 05:51:31 GMT
Robin

I am also interested in applying it... but my issues are not so
much compatibility but more the points that Jorg raised i.e.
does it expose all of the functionality of JFreeChart - I get
the impression from looking at the docs and the schema that
it only offers a limited subset of the full power of JFreeChart.
So, then, the issues are:
* will Fins (soon? ever?) be upgraded to cover all JFreeChart?
* is it not better to try and find some way to work with
JFreeChart directly (and how easy would this be?

Anyone else with experience in charting that can address this?

Thanks
Derek

PS For what its worth, I have a stylesheet that can build
relatively simple bar, line and pie charts from a "standard"
XML source file (somewhat similar to FINS)... if anyone is
interested.

>>> rob@robinwyles.com 2005/03/23 01:28:26 AM >>>
Jorg,

I used Fins extensively on a project last year (Cocoon 2.1.5), and it
worked great for me.

I've just updated this project to use Cocoon 2.1.7-dev and it works
fine. Minor changes were needed to the Fins build.xml to get it to
build with cocoon - I don't have the details here, but if you need any

more info let me know.

Robin