cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: textarea in xhtml
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2005 09:54:21 GMT
Gunter

That's strange - the output I get in my HTML forms page
(in IE) looks like:

<input type="text" title="test" value="2002-08-15" name="CalDate">

ie there is no "/" at the end...

The input in the XML file is
<input type="text" title="test" value="2002-08-15" name="CalDate"/>
but admittedly there is no XSL step apart from the standard
"copy tag" match.  Maybe its your XSL that is the problem?  Can
you try and change to create:
<textarea name="mynote"/>

Derek

>>> gunter.dhondt@sofico.be 2005/03/15 11:42:50 AM >>>
Hi,

I've got the following problem inside a xslt running on Cocoon:
<textarea name="mynote"></textarea>

which is serialized into <textarea name="mynote" />
and the problem with this is that browsers (likes IE6) do not
understand
this syntax very well.

if I'm placing a space in between (<textarea name="mynote">
</textarea>)
then it's ok but this is not a nice workaround

Can I choose another serializer for this problem or are there any known

workarounds for this?

Regards,
Gunter D'Hondt