cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [poll] Seeking eclipse plugin development skills for an opensource Cocoon IDE
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2005 17:30:00 GMT
Ralph Goers wrote:

> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> Cocoon is now a mature framework and is more and more used in
>> corporate environments. And more and more people are asking for some
>> tools. Several people also experienced lost projects because Cocoon
>> doesn't have a minimal opensource tooling.
>>
>> Building an opensource IDE for Cocoon not only requires some Cocoon
>> knowledge, but also some Eclipse plugin development skills.
>>
>> That's why I'm sending this poll to the whole user and developper
>> community:
>> - do you or your company have Eclipse plugin development skills?
>> - if some opensource project is setup to develop a Cocoon IDE, would
>> you like to join and invest time and effort?
>>
>> Thanks for your answers,
>> Sylvain
>>
> 1. What exactly would the IDE for Cocoon do?

Sitemap editor, form editor, code completion in XSP/JXTemplate, sitemap
debugger, etc. I'd like to know if some people with the appropriate
skills would like to join an create a community to develop an opensource
IDE for our beloved Cocoon.

> 2. I'd desire a plugin for IntelliJ.

Sorry, I know that IntelliJ is great, but if a community-developped
opensource IDE exists for Cocoon, it will be on top of an opensource
IDE. And Eclipse and its upcoming web tools platform is the dominant
player in this area.

Sylvain