cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Hartmann <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Cron + HSQLDB: Unexpected token: in statement [SELECT 1]
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2005 13:52:27 GMT
Hi all,

I'm trying to run the cron block with the TX job store and the
built-in HSQL DB. My configurations:

<store delegate="org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.HSQLDBDelegate" type="tx">
   <datasource provider="excalibur">LenyaScheduler</datasource>
</store>

<datasources>
   <jdbc logger="core.datasources.lenya.scheduler" name="LenyaScheduler">
     <pool-controller max="10" min="5"/>
     <dburl>jdbc:hsqldb:hsql://localhost:9002</dburl>
     <user>sa</user>
     <password/>
   </jdbc>
</datasources>

I added the Quartz tables to cocoondb.script. When I start Jetty, I can
connect to the DB with the org.hsqldb.util.DatabaseManager browse the tables.

But during the cron block startup, I get the following exception:

main WARN  lenya.scheduler - Could not prepare test statement, connection
recycled on basis of time.
java.sql.SQLException: Unexpected token:  in statement [SELECT 1]
         at org.hsqldb.jdbc.Util.throwError(Unknown Source)
         at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcPreparedStatement.<init>(Unknown Source)

It looks like a test statement is created, but HSQL couldn't parse it and
threw an exception. I found the following message in a forum:

 >>DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:hsqldb:hsql://localhost")
 >>  trying driver[className=org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver,org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver@93385d]
 >>getConnection returning
 >>driver[className=org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver,org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver@93385d]
 >>SQLException: SQLState(37000) vendor code(-11)
 >>java.sql.SQLException: Unexpected token: 37000 Unexpected token:  in statement
 >>[SELECT 1]
 >>

 >The SQL is correct. Yet another SQL incompatibility in HSQL.

This seems to be a known issue with HSQL. Updating to the newest
version (1.8.0-RC9) didn't solve the problem.

Is there anything I can do about it?

Thanks a lot!

-- Andreas