cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Martinson, Theresa" <Theresa.Martin...@personneldecisions.com>
Subject RE: org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: Error in sitemap configuration : UnnamedSelector: ComponentSelector could not find the component for hint []
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2005 13:03:25 GMT
Chanh -

I had a similar problem when using the ExcaliburComponentSelector.  I
was missing some configuration in cocoon.xconf.

Here is what I set up to get it to work:

ROLES FILE
<role name="SomeRole"
        shorthand="shorthandforsomerole"

default-class="org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ExcaliburComponentS
elector">
  <hint shorthand="first" class="com.foo.bar.FirstImpl"/>
  <hint shorthand="second" class="com.foo.bar.SecondImpl"/>
  <hint shorthand="third" class="com.foo.bar.ThirdImpl"/>
</role>

COCOON.XCONF
<shorthandforsomerole>
  <component-instance name="first" class="com.foo.bar.FirstImpl"
logger="something"/>
  <component-instance name="second" class="com.foo.bar.SecondImpl"
logger="something"/>
  <component-instance name="third" class="com.foo.bar.ThirdImpl"
logger="something"/>
</shorthandforsomerole>

Without the definitions in cocoon.xconf, I was getting the exact same
error as you.  I hope this works for you.

Additionally, I posted a question yesterday regarding the
DefaultServiceSelector.  I was attempting to use this instead of
ExcaliburComponentSelector which is deprecated.  Have you ever tried
using that one and if so, did you get it to work?

Theresa

Nguyen, Chanh  wrote:

Subject:
org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: Error
in sitemap configuration : UnnamedSelector: ComponentSelector could not
find the component for hint []

 > Hello all,

 > I got below configuration exception. Do you know what the problem is?

 > Thanks. Chanh

  FATAL_E 2005-03-09 10:24:19.518 [cocoon  ] (): Exception caught

  org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException:
Error in sitemap configuration : UnnamedSelector: ComponentSelector
could not find the  component for hint []

            at
org.apache.cocoon.www.file_.C_.ImportUser.Configuration.BPXMLCSVConverte
r.sitemap_xmap.configure
(C:\ImportUser\cache\org/apache/cocoon/www/file_/C_/ImportUser/Configura
tion/BPXMLCSVConverter\sitemap_xmap.java:161)

            at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.DefaultComponentFactory.newInstanc
e(DefaultComponentFactory.java:264)

            at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ThreadSafeComponentHandler.initial
ize(ThreadSafeComponentHandler.java:98)

            at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.GeneratorSelector.addGen
erator(GeneratorSelector.java:187)

            at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.cre
ateResource(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:357)

            at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.loa
d(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:312)

            at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.run(Handler.java:267)

            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

Caused by: org.apache.avalon.framework.component.ComponentException:
UnnamedSelector: ComponentSelector could not find the component for hint
[]

            at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ExcaliburComponentSelector.select(
ExcaliburComponentSelector.java:198)

            at
org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.DefaultSitemapComponentSelector.select(Default
SitemapComponentSelector.java:101)

            at
org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.DefaultSitemapComponentSelector.select(Default
SitemapComponentSelector.java:104)

            at
org.apache.cocoon.www.file_.C_.ImportUser.Configuration.BPXMLCSVConverte
r.sitemap_xmap.preparePattern(C:\ImportUser\cache\org/apache/cocoon/www/
file_/C_/ImportUser/Configuration/BPXMLCSVConverter\sitemap_xmap.java:31
0)

            at
org.apache.cocoon.www.file_.C_.ImportUser.Configuration.BPXMLCSVConverte
r.sitemap_xmap.prepareMatchers(C:\ImportUser\cache\org/apache/cocoon/www
/file_/C_/ImportUser/Configuration/BPXMLCSVConverter\sitemap_xmap.java:3
29)

            at
org.apache.cocoon.www.file_.C_.ImportUser.Configuration.BPXMLCSVConverte
r.sitemap_xmap.configure(C:\ImportUser\cache\org/apache/cocoon/www/file_
/C_/ImportUser/Configuration/BPXMLCSVConverter\sitemap_xmap.java:154)

            ... 7 more

This email may contain material that is confidential, privileged and/or
attorney work product for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any
review, reliance or distribution by others or forwarding without express
permission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended