cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Gawde, Kiran" <Kiran.Ga...@schwab.com>
Subject RE: Using patterns for map:act elements ??
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2005 16:53:41 GMT
Not sure, but you may be able to use XSP actions.
<map:match pattern="*.do">
	<map:act type="xsp-action" src="action/{1}.xsp">
	</map:act>
</map:match>
-Kiran
(Object Edge Inc)

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Shannon [mailto:eshannon@careersite.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2005 2:30 PM
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Using patterns for map:act elements ??

In an effort to reduce the number of match patterns in my sitemap, I have a
desire to dynamically set the action handler.

I had hopped to find that map:act types support variable  substitution, but
that appears to not be the case.

For example, I would want a URL like:
http://localhost:8080/myApp/form1.do  to use a generic match pattern
like below.

Define:   <map:action name="process-form1" src="ProcessForm"/>

Then have a generic match pattern like so:
<map:match pattern="*.do">
    <map:act type="process-{1}">  //It would appear that this is NOT an
option.
</map:match>

Any ideas on how generalize 100+ specific actions?

I could have a factory that creates/manages the actions internally and
basically define one action handler in the pipeline that utilizes my
factory.  I would think that this isn't a unique use case.

Input is appreciated.

-Eric