cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Ben Pope" <ben_p...@REMOVE_MEhotmail.com>
Subject Content is not allowed in prolog
Date Sat, 12 Mar 2005 19:44:24 GMT
Hi,

I seem to be having some troubles with different encoding types.

When I have a data file and the use CForms with a binding to that data file,
at some point in the pipeline I get an error - "Content is not allowed in
prolog", whats happened of course, is that there has been a conversion from
one encoding type to another and somewhere along the line the first two
characters of my file got stripped:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

Becomes:

xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

I've tried saving my file with the encoding type specified as UTF-8 and the
actual file type saved as UTF-8 and also as ASCII (presumably that’s
ISO-8859-1), and also with the encoding specified as ISO-8859-1 and also
without the encoding specified at all.

I'm confused as to why it isn’t working.

This is on 2.1.7-Dev and WindowsXP under Jetty.

Any ideas?

Ben