cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Yves Vindevogel <yves.vindevo...@implements.be>
Subject Dynamic connection to databases
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2005 20:03:38 GMT
Hi,

I have several clients in a webapp.  Each client has a seperate
database, but all databases are made with the same script, so the
structure is identical, only the records vary.

When I want Cocoon to connect to a database, I make an entry in my
cocoon.xconf file, in the datasources.  Then, in ESQL, I can connect
giving the pool name ...

Is there a way I can avoid adding the pool in the cocoon.xconf file.

Problem is that I need to restart Tomcat all the time to get this file
read and my pool available, but then I'm shutting down other customers
too (ok, just a few seconds, ...) and that's what I want to avoid.

If this is not possible, can I make an entry in some sort of file and
have my config up again without having to restart the system ?

Yves