cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Alex Romayev <roma...@yahoo.com>
Subject ParanoidCocoonServlet vs. init-classloader parameter
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2005 14:36:51 GMT
I'm trying to deploy my app on Tomcat 4.0.4 and getting the following
error:
javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet.init() for servlet Cocoon threw
exception
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.jav
a:946)
root cause

java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: fRecognizedFeatures
	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.(Unknown Source)
Method)

I suspect this is due to the xerces version mismatch issue.  I don't
have any control over the environment, so I understand that my only
option is to use ParanoidCocoonServlet.

I found this comment in web.xml:

       This parameter tells cocoon to set the thread's context
classloader to
       its own classloader. If you experience strange classloader issues,
       try setting this parameter to "true" or using
ParanoidCocoonServlet.

Could anyone explain to me the difference between using
ParanoidCocoonServlet and setting init-classloader parameter to true?

Regards,
-Alex