cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Corin Moss <corin.m...@infomoss.com>
Subject Cforms - binding a one-to-many relationship with hibernate
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2005 00:17:30 GMT
Hi there,

I'm looking at the Hibernate / CForms combination for the first time.
I've successfully bound forms to beans to Hibernate for fairly simple
cases (modifying a flat record for example.)  I now have a slightly more
complicated example:

-A record exists in table "programme" with a one-to-many relationship
with table "keyword_relationship" (based on programme's programme_id)
-"keyword_relationship" has a many-to-one relationship with table
"keywords" (based on keyword's keyword_id)

I would like to creating a binding so that a new bean can be inserted
representing a "keyword_relationship" record, but from the "programme"
bean context.  Obviously the "keyword" bean would exist already, as
would the "programme" bean.

I've got no problems traversing the graph so that I can display (and
persist) "keyword" records as related to specific "programme" records -
it's purely creating new "keyword_relationship" records that is proving
problematic.

Can anyone direct me to any example of this happening? I've looked
through the super-sonic tour block, but haven't been able to unearth
anything.  I've attached my Hibernate binding files for reference
(generated using Hibernate Synchronizer in Eclipse.)

Thanks for your help,

Corin