cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Marc Salvetti <m...@notremanou.net>
Subject issues with images matcher
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2005 08:22:01 GMT
Hello,
i'm having a weird problem with the loading of images.

i use theses 3 matchers in the sitemap for loading gif and jpg :

      <map:match pattern="**images/*.gif">
        <map:read src="images/{2}.gif" mime-type="image/gif"/>
      </map:match>

      <map:match pattern="**images/*.jpg">
        <map:read src="images/{2}.jpg" mime-type="image/jpeg"/>
      </map:match>

      <map:match pattern="**photos/**.jpg">
        <map:read src="photos/{2}.jpg" mime-type="image/jpeg"/>
      </map:match>

on my local computer (windows, tomcat 5, cocoon 2.1.5.1) everything
works fine, the images are loaded normally whatever the path.

on the server (linux, resin, cocoon 2.1.5.1) it's getting really weird.
no images would load under the normal path (usually images/*.gif or
/cfm/images/*.gif)
i had to hack by adding a fake directory (/cfm/x/images/*.gif) to have
most of the images loading correctly.
however, this hack seems not to be working with some images (i couldn't
understand why some work and not the others)

i noticed also that requesting the images with firefox or ie makes a
difference somehow (maybe ie stripping a / somewhere, i don't know) or
another caching pb... i don't know.
for example in ie :
http://www.cf-mekong-4test.net/cfm//photos/map_cv.jpg loads the image
http://www.cf-mekong-4test.net/cfm/x/photos/map_cv.jpg doesn't load the
image (but get the size of an old version of the image !)
http://www.cf-mekong-4test.net/cfm/a/photos/map_cv.jpg doesn't load
http://www.cf-mekong-4test.net/cfm/bb/photos/map_cv.jpg loads the image !!

can someone give me a hint about that, i'm pretty lost here :-(

thanks,

Marc