cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Eric Shannon <eshan...@careersite.com>
Subject Custom Exception Handling
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2005 13:41:47 GMT

Our application includes custom exceptions that contain an error code
with a corresponding getErrorCode() method.

I currently have a custom XSP that I use as the exception generator and
that works great to display the data from the "Notifying" object.
The problem is that I can't figure out the trick to get a reference to
my "caused by" exception, so that I can get the error code.

I have seen the examples for the XPathExceptionSelector, but my intent
is not to use the error code as selection criteria.

I simply want to get the error code for display on my formatted error page.

The easiest thought is to include the error code in the exception's
message.  But the use case requires only the error code to be
displayed.  For logging purposes I still need the exception's message.

Any Ideas?

Thanks - Eric