cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Geert Josten <Geert.Jos...@daidalos.nl>
Subject Re: get an array from cocoon request
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2005 08:37:20 GMT
Hi all,

This shouldn't be necessary. Input fields with same names are all submitted and should be
collected
in the HTTP request as an array or something...

Looking around on the web, I found a construct in XSP that might lead you to what you need:

xsp-request:get-parameter-values(name). You'll have to dig into the code of the XSP generator
find out how it is actually done...

Cheers,
Geert

Mark Lowe wrote:
> I'm not sure if something clever happens in cocoon but in a standard
> case you'd want something like
>
> <input type="checkbox" name="groups[0]" value="1" />
>
> var value1 = cocoon.request.getParameter("groups[0]");
>
> multple select would perhaps behave more as you expect, but checkbox
> is typically submiting a single value, any implemention of indexed
> properties is done by whoever is doing the coding. groups[0] is a
> string like anyother, just that by using the index its more scriptable
> and readable then an alternative technique.
>
> You could iterate through the parameterNames to get the properties
> that contain the string groups from the index of zero.
>
> Mark
>

> On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 10:07:05 +0200, Vlad Golodov <vlad@top.ee> wrote:
>
>>Hi!
>>
>>was trying for a while to get an array from cocoon request in a JS flow. I
>>don't use CForms.
>>
>>Such code is submitted:
>><input type="checkbox" name="groups[]" value="1"/> group 1
>><input type="checkbox" name="groups[]" value="2"/> Group 2
>><input type="checkbox" name="groups[]" value="3"/> Group 3
>>
>>In JS I was trying to get it in ways:
>>var groups = cocoon.request["groups"];
>>var groups = cocoon.request.groups;
>>var groups = cocoon.request.getParameter("groups");
>>
>>Any ideas what could be wrong?
>>
>>Thanks in advance,
>>
>>Vlad

Geert.Josten@Daidalos.nl
IT-consultant at Daidalos BV, Zoetermeer (NL)

http://www.daidalos.nl/
tel:+31-(0)79-3316961
fax:+31-(0)79-3316464

GPG: 1024D/12DEBB50