cocoon-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jeff Sexton <sext...@odscompanies.com>
Subject Very Strange Cocoon 2.4.1 Problem
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2005 23:38:41 GMT
I've got a directory full of XML files and a sitemap to turn them into PDF.
This works perfectly almost all the time.  Once in a great while, a file will not 
work.  Requests for the given file will return this strange bit of code as literal text:

function toggle(id) {
     var element = document.getElementById(id);
     with (element.style) {
         if ( display == "none" ){
             display = ""
         } else{
             display = "none"
         }
     }
     var text = document.getElementById(id + "-switch").firstChild;
     if (text.nodeValue == "[show]") {
         text.nodeValue = "[hide]";
     } else {
         text.nodeValue = "[show]";
     }
}

That's it.  That's what comes back as literal text.  I believe this code may be part 
of a cocoon error report.  It appears here: 
http://www.mail-archive.com/cocoon-cvs@xml.apache.org/msg00250.html

Right now I have a file doing this called 11.xml.  When I request http://.../11.pdf 
the above code is returned.

If I *copy* 11.xml to test.xml and request http://.../test.xml it works perfectly. 
If I *erase* 11.xml and request http://.../11.pdf I again get the above code fragment!

Here is the sitemap entry:

     <map:pipeline>
       <map:match pattern="reports/*/*/*.pdf">
         <map:generate src="reports/{1}/{2}/{3}.xml"/>
         <map:transform src="{2}report/stylesheets/{2}2fo.xsl"/>
         <map:serialize type="fo2pdf"/>
       </map:match>
     </map:pipeline>

If I add a sitemap entry with a letter added to the file name like this (note 
"/*.pdf" changed to "/*x.pdf"):

     <map:pipeline>
       <map:match pattern="reports/*/*/*x.pdf">
         <map:generate src="reports/{1}/{2}/{3}.xml"/>
         <map:transform src="{2}report/stylesheets/{2}2fo.xsl"/>
         <map:serialize type="fo2pdf"/>
       </map:match>
     </map:pipeline>

Then I request http://.../11x.pdf it works perfectly!  But requeting 11.pdf still 
returns the code fragment.

This is not a client issue, it happens from any client and from any machine.  Also 
there is no cache/proxy between the client and the server.

To make matter worse, I have two server boxes here that are exactly the same in their 
O/S (AIX), tomcat, java and cocoon version and in the way the app is installed.  This 
only happens on one server and never on the other!  I can not find a pattern. 
Restarting tomcat does not help.

Strange, isn't it?

Anyone have any ideas for a work around?  Thanks

-- 
The ODS Companies
Jeff Sexton
Information Services
(503) 228-6554   x1026
http://www.odscompanies.com

This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity
to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are
not the intended addressee, nor authorized to receive for the intended
addressee, you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose
or distribute to anyone the message or any information contained in the
message. If you have received this message in error, please immediately
advise the sender by reply email and delete the message.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@cocoon.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@cocoon.apache.org


Mime
View raw message