cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Geert Josten <Geert.Jos...@daidalos.nl>
Subject Re: TextSerializer and UTF-8
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2005 19:40:06 GMT
Hi,

I'm not certain whether it really works, but TextSerializer and XmlSerializer are very much
similar.
Ever tried to define a new TextSerializer with the encoding explicitly set to utf-8?

     <map:serializer logger="sitemap.serializer.utf8-text" mime-type="text/plain" name="utf8-text"
       src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.TextSerializer">
       <encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
     </map:serializer>

Cheers,
Geert

Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> Hi Cocoon community,
>
> when I use the text serializer with UTF-8 encoding, Internet Explorer
> does not recognize the encoding and screws up the umlauts.
>
> With the XML serializers from the serializers block, the problem
> does not appear. Is there any workaround for the text serializer?
>
> Setting the Content-Type header using the HttpHeaderAction does
> not work, I guess it is overridden by the serializer:
>
>    <map:act type="set-header">
>      <map:parameter name="Content-Type" value="text/plain; charset=utf-8"/>
>    </map:act>
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> -- Andreas

Geert.Josten@Daidalos.nl
IT-consultant at Daidalos BV, Zoetermeer (NL)

http://www.daidalos.nl/
tel:+31-(0)79-3316961
fax:+31-(0)79-3316464

GPG: 1024D/12DEBB50