cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Geert Josten <Geert.Jos...@daidalos.nl>
Subject Re: XSLT Transformer -> SVG Serializer problem
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2005 14:37:24 GMT
Probably a problem with your XSL. It might produce some SAX Characters event before the root
element.

Can you show us your root template of the xsl?

Cheers,
Geert

WeeZard wrote:

> When I try to serialize a SVG file to either a PNG, JPG or any other
> graphic file, one of two things happen:
>
> 1. If I have
>    <map:match pattern="image.png">
>         <map:generate src="image.svg" type="file"/>
>         <map:serialize type="svg2png"/>
>    </map:match>
>
>   everything works OK and an image is displayed when image.png is requested
>
> 2. When I got
>    <map:match pattern="image.png">
>         <map:generate src="image.xml" type="file"/>
>         <map:transform src="xml2svg.xsl" type="xslt">
>         <map:serialize type="svg2png"/>
>    </map:match>
>
>   where svg produced by the xslt transformer is exactly the same as the
> one in the file image.svg in the 1st example.
>   I get an error message which says:
>
> org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Error executing pipeline.:
> java.lang.RuntimeException: org.w3c.dom.DOMException: The current node
> (type: 9, name: #document) do not allow children of the given type
> (type: 3, name: #text)
>

> So if I use a transformer before calling the serializer, I get the above
> mentioned error. Things that I've tried and produced the same error:
> - calling serializer with parameters
>                <map:serialize mime-type="image/jpeg" type="svg2png">
>                    <map:parameter name="doctype-public"
> value="-//W3C//DTD SVG 1.0//EN"/>
>                    <map:parameter name="doctype-system"
> value="http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-SVG-20010904/DTD/svg10.dtd"/>
>                </map:serialize>
>
> - changing the transformer to xslt-saxon
> - made sure that svg file passed to the svg serializer is a correct and
> valid xml file
>
> Has anyone had the same experiences or had any success with the pipeline
> FILE GENERATOR -> XSL TRANSFORMER -> SVG SERIALIZER ?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Matt

Geert.Josten@Daidalos.nl
IT-consultant at Daidalos BV, Zoetermeer (NL)

http://www.daidalos.nl/
tel:+31-(0)79-3316961
fax:+31-(0)79-3316464

GPG: 1024D/12DEBB50