cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Lars Huttar <lars_hut...@sil.org>
Subject too-quick session timeout in SessionTransformer
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2005 15:34:11 GMT
Dear Cocoon folks,

I've been having trouble with the Session logicsheet, in that the values
I write to the session time out very quickly -- seems like usually less
than 30 seconds. Here is the code I'm using:

        <session:set-max-inactive-interval value="14400000" /> <!--
14400 seconds = 4 hours -->
        <session:set-attribute name="userid"><xsl:value-of select="$id"
/></session:set-attribute>

The documentation at
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/xsp/session.html says the units
for the max interval value are seconds, so originally I had
value="14400". However, one of the Cocoon books said "microseconds", so
I tried using 1440000 to see if that would work better. No difference is
apparent.

Oh.  Duh.  Hit me on the head with a big rubber mallet.
I was using value instead of interval as the attribute name.

This bug has existed for several months, and it took us this long to
catch the mistake.
Can I draw a lesson from this?
One lesson would be, it would sure help if logicsheets had a validation
mechanism.
... or at least if individual logicsheets would stop and throw an
exception when a required element/attribute is missing.

:-)

Glad to be rid of that bug though.
Lars