cocoon-users mailing list archives

From stefan pickschneider <stefan.pickschnei...@s1998.tu-chemnitz.de>
Subject Encoding Problem: File Upload and UTF-8
Date Sat, 05 Mar 2005 14:17:04 GMT
Hello,

we have a problem with the encoding, cforms and file uploads.

We have a form that allows to upload a file and on the same form an
input field to enter the corresponding title. The upload works but
if you enter special characters (like german umlauts) these are sent
as garbage ('?'). The enctype of the form is enctype="multipart/form-data".

If I enable UTF-8 as container-encoding in web.xml it works - the upload
and the title is ok. Problem: Then all other forms (with no uploads)
stop to handle UTF-8 correctely.

Has anybody a clue how I can get forms with or without uploads work at
the same time?

Thanks a lot,
stefan.