cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Chris. Grobmeier" <grobme...@neotecc.net>
Subject Re: Localization
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2005 08:34:53 GMT
> <match pattern="domain.tld/*/index.html">
>   <redirect-to url="domain.tld/index.html?lang={1}"/>
> </match>
>
> <match pattern="domain.tld/index.html">
>   <generate src="index.html"/>
>   <!-- localisation using {request-param:lang} -->
>   <serialize type="html"/>
> </match>

Hi,
your example is similar to the samples in the cocoon dist.
If i have index.html?lang=de this would be quite an ugly deep link :-)
Google (f.e.) will not follow this link, so only the default language
is indexed.
With having /de/*.html always in my url i would have the following possible:

- easy deeplinking (easier to remember)
- better search engine support

I thought about something like URL-Rewriting in Apache HTTPD.
I was sure i have read about this somewhere in the documentation, but
i didn't found it anymore.

Kindly Regards & Thanx for answering,
Chris