cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Eric Shannon <eshan...@careersite.com>
Subject Using patterns for map:act elements ??
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2005 22:30:04 GMT
In an effort to reduce the number of match patterns in my sitemap, I
have a desire to dynamically set the action handler.

I had hopped to find that map:act types support variable  substitution,
but that appears to not be the case.

For example, I would want a URL like:
http://localhost:8080/myApp/form1.do  to use a generic match pattern
like below.

Define:   <map:action name="process-form1" src="ProcessForm"/>

Then have a generic match pattern like so:
<map:match pattern="*.do">
    <map:act type="process-{1}">  //It would appear that this is NOT an
option.
</map:match>

Any ideas on how generalize 100+ specific actions?

I could have a factory that creates/manages the actions internally and
basically define one action handler in the pipeline that utilizes my
factory.  I would think that this isn't a unique use case.

Input is appreciated.

-Eric