cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Zumbrunn <t.zumbr...@unibas.ch>
Subject Cocoon webapp and catalina.policy
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2005 09:47:01 GMT
Hello everybody

I'm trying to run a Cocoon 2.1.6 web application in Tomcat 4.x with security
manager enabled.

I tried to find information on how to configure the policy file
catalina.policy in mail archives and on the web but only found radical
solutions such as granting all permissions. However, the webapp is running in
a shared environment, and my internet service provider won't grant all the
permissions that would be required to run Cocoon. Among the permissions that
are too far reaching are:

permission java.lang.RuntimePermission "createSecurityManager";
permission java.lang.RuntimePermission "shutdownHooks";

Does anybody have experience with running Cocoon web applications in a shared
environment? Is there a way to reduce the permissions that Cocoon needs?

Any hints would be much appreciated.

Thomas Zumbrunn