cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mark Leicester <mark.leices...@efurbishment.com>
Subject Re: [FYI] planet cocoon
Date Sun, 27 Mar 2005 01:44:13 GMT
Hi there Stavros,

Perhaps I should come clean! PlanetCocoon is (or rather, may be) an
experiment in a Cocoon community site. It's based on Drupal
(http://drupal.org): a CMS of some flexibility and extensibility.
Drupal has plenty to offer any online community; I'd hoped to make more
of Drupal's features obvious before publicising the site.

So far I've set up:
- Mailing lists
- One book (the introduction to Flow)
- Aggregated news feeds (from a selection of notable Cocoon developers)

Some nice touches include colourised email conversations, e.g.:
http://www.planetcocoon.com/node/1079

There's some fairly nice code colouring, e.g.:
http://www.planetcocoon.com/node/5

Also, I'm in the process of adding folksonomy type tagging feature to
the email archives.

I've been quite surprised at how rapidly PlanetCocoon has gone up the
Google rankings. I suspect its node based architecture has had
something to do with that.

I set up the site to scratch my own itch, and I certainly don't want to
cross swords with other people's efforts. Having said that, I believe
the site may have something to offer other Cocoon users in due course.
Naturally, I welcome any feedback!

Regards,
Mark