cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Arsen A. Gutsal" <ar...@softsky.com.ua>
Subject RE: Cocoon 2.1.6 on Tomcat 4.1.31
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2005 14:29:26 GMT
I did everything as you explained except I built cocoon using
"./build.sh war", I guess that's correct, coz cocoon.sh does not allow
"war" parameter.
Eveyrthing seems to be OK, except once I run
http://localhost:8888/cocoon I got that exception:

full exception chain stacktrace

org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: cannot
create a quartz scheduler
at org.apache.cocoon.components.cron.QuartzJobScheduler.initialize
(QuartzJobScheduler.java:324)
at org.apache.avalon.framework.container.ContainerUtil.initialize
(ContainerUtil.java:283)
at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.DefaultComponentFactory.newInstance(DefaultComponentFactory.java:277)
at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ThreadSafeComponentHandler.initialize(ThreadSafeComponentHandler.java:108)
at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ExcaliburComponentManager.initialize(ExcaliburComponentManager.java:522)
at org.apache.cocoon.components.CocoonComponentManager.initialize
(CocoonComponentManager.java:541)
at org.apache.avalon.framework.container.ContainerUtil.initialize
(ContainerUtil.java:283)
at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.initialize(Cocoon.java:280)
at org.apache.avalon.framework.container.ContainerUtil.initialize
(ContainerUtil.java:283)
at org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.createCocoon
(CocoonServlet.java:1382)
at org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.init(CocoonServlet.java:480)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet
(StandardWrapper.java:888)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate
(StandardWrapper.java:621)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke
(StandardWrapperValve.java:163)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline
$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:596)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke
(StandardPipeline.java:433)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:948)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke
(StandardContextValve.java:144)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline
$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:596)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke
(StandardPipeline.java:433)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:948)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke
(StandardContext.java:2358)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke
(StandardHostValve.java:133)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline
$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:596)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke
(ErrorDispatcherValve.java:118)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline
$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:594)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke
(ErrorReportValve.java:116)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline
$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:594)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke
(StandardPipeline.java:433)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:948)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke
(StandardEngineValve.java:127)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline
$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:596)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke
(StandardPipeline.java:433)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:948)
at org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service
(CoyoteAdapter.java:152)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process
(Http11Processor.java:799)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol
$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:705)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt
(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:577)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run
(ThreadPool.java:683)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
Caused by: org.quartz.SchedulerException: Scheduler with name 'Cocoon'
already exists.
at org.quartz.impl.SchedulerRepository.bind(SchedulerRepository.java:87)
at org.quartz.impl.DirectSchedulerFactory.createScheduler
(DirectSchedulerFactory.java:340)
at org.quartz.impl.DirectSchedulerFactory.createScheduler
(DirectSchedulerFactory.java:270)
at org.apache.cocoon.components.cron.QuartzJobScheduler.initialize
(QuartzJobScheduler.java:320)
... 39 more

My tomcat is configured to listen on 8888 port. No other things has been
listened on that port (so tomcat started, but cocoon can't for some
reason).

Not sure why.

Can anybody help me?
On Mon, 2005-02-28 at 10:36 +1300, Adam Ratcliffe wrote:
> Hi Arsen
>
> It's very straight-forward. If you simply wish to deploy the standard Cocoon
> distribution with sample apps
> build the Cocoon WAR file by invoking cocoon.bat or cocoon.sh with the 'war'
> target, for example:
>
> ./cocoon.sh war
>
> Deploy the WAR file as you would any other webapp, Cocoon will be accessable
> at: http://localhost:8080/cocoon
>
> For information on building and deploying your own Cocoon-based project I'd
> recommend the article
> http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/YourCocoonBasedProjectAnt16 on the Cocoon
> wiki.
>
> This should be enough to get you started, let me know if you run into any
> problems.
>
> Note: if you just want to get Cocoon up and running you can use the embedded
> Jetty HTTP server:
>
> ./cocoon.sh servlet
>
> Cheers
> Adam

Sincerely,
Arsen A. Gutsal
SOFTSKY Ltd CEO/Executive
SOFTSKY - Cost effective Software Development