cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Willy Reinhardt" <wreinha...@novell.com>
Subject Rép. : Cocoon & 3-tier architecture
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2005 16:37:53 GMT
Hi,

Currently we use similar configuration so:
1) Apache as web server
2) Weblogic as app serv. with Sun sparc in production and windows in dev
3) Oracle as db

Our experience is :
- Move as much possible static resources to the web server (Cocoon isn't
very good for that)
- We got best performances with Intel vs Sun sparc (up to 3 times)
- We think that Tomcat is faster than weblogic to run Cocoon on the same
platform but we must still test it in a systematic way;
- The database processing time is almost negligible compare to
processing time of cocoon so Cocoon performance is important;

Hope this help

Willy

>>> jesskung@brel.com 13/02/05 7:25 >>>
Hi all

I'm looking for others to share their thoughts and experience with
Cocoon on a
3-tier architecture.

I would like to have the following 3 separate hardware servers setup :-

a) a web server running IIS, users connects to this server to view the
Cocoon generated web
pages

b) an application server running Java, WebLogic and Cocoon. All Cocoon
files, JPG, XML
resides here.

c) a database server running Microsoft SQL

I would love to hear from others who would like to share their
experience.

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration.

Jessica