cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Geissler" <M.Geiss...@wika.de>
Subject Antw: large XML file sizes
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2005 10:26:15 GMT
Hello Norman ,
in my applications I work with the CLI or Ant task to prepare large
amouts of data out of a database.
to get user friendly potions.
e.G.
first get data and generate xml.
second: sort, transform data to a yml tree ... save the result.
third generate .xml , .html .xls, .pdf as static file.

For my application this is ok, because the data dit not change a lot.
So a daily task works fine.

With this solution I generate our organization tree out of a database.
(all steps dynamic est. 30 secounds to make pdf)
vs. below 1 secound to serve static (daily generated) pdf

Hope this helps a little.

Regards Martin

>>> normanb@comsine.co.uk Donnerstag, 3. Februar 2005 10:42:22 >>>
Hi,

I am handling GML documents with Cocoon which are very verbose (about
11mb in size).

I am receiving the compressed data from an http post and then using a
custom generator to decompress this data and pass it on down the
pipeline.  Is there a way to improve this bottle neck?

At the generator is has to hold the entire 11mb since it
decompressing,
and then in places with XSL it has to hold the XML file in memory to
do
a sort.

What does anyone else do with very large XML documents and Cocoon?
The
fact that it was SAX I thought would make it ok, but it is slow, and
occasionally falls over.

Thanks,

Norman