cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Willy Reinhardt" <wreinha...@novell.com>
Subject How to get Connection as instance of OracleConnection ?
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2005 17:04:10 GMT
Hi,
I am using Oracle DB (9.2) and I would write data's into a field which
is an XMLTYPE using my own action.
The action is working for an amount of data's below 4000bytes but for a
larger amount of data's I need to use CLOB and for that I need to get an
instance of oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection.
How can I get the connection as OracleConnection using Cocoon & Avalon
framework and Object's like ServiceSelector, DataSourceComponent ?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Willy

Note:
As XMLTYPE isn't real CLOB. The solution to get a CLOB instance from a
select isn't working (according my test).