cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: Frustrating "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError" problems
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2005 10:29:09 GMT
Massimiliano

Thanks, I will try this - just one question re the regedit -
under the Apache Software Foundation folder, I have two
subfolders ...
  Tomcat Service Manager
  Tomcat
must I add a new folder called Tomcat5?  Must I add a folder
called Parameters?  And what is the name/type/data for the
key that needs to be added?

Thanks
Derek

>>> massimiliano.cantoni@assicom.com 2005/02/02 11:42:21 AM >>>
I had the same problem...

I found this solution that works for me.
On windows i used regedit and modified the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat Service
Manager\Tomcat5\Parameters
and added -Xmx512m to improve to 515m.
This for the service:
If tomcat is running from catalina.bat the i added -Xmx512m after the
expressione %_EXECJAVA%

I hope this will help

Massimiliano Cantoni