cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans ...@domek.be>
Subject Re: [cforms] Partial Binding
Date Mon, 28 Feb 2005 07:16:47 GMT

Alex Romayev wrote:

> On Feb 27, 2005, at 2:22 PM, Jorg Heymans wrote:
>
>> There are tools out there that generate classes from datamodels (eg
>> Middlegen) through a templating engine. You could create your own
>> templates that spit out CForms tags/Betwixt mappings instead of the
>> usual DAO java code.
>

> I like the tool, thank for the tip.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by splitting out CForms tags/Betwixt
> mappings.  Do you mean auto-generating form defition/binding and betwixt
> mappings from the database definition?

that's what i was implying yes. Unless ofcourse you've customized them
so much that they don't resemble the database model anymore...

> One way I was thinking sorting out not having to create form beans was
> the following:
>
> 1. On load - bind to the actual business beans
> 2. On save - bind to XML, then pass the XML to an object that would set
> the appropriate fields on the actual beans and save them to the
> database.  Basically the same as passing a DAO, but not having to
> actually create one.

You can use custom javascript bindings as Sylvain already said. And
apparently by looking at his post you can bind to an existing bean
without overwriting some of its attribute values. Keep us posted !

Regards
Jorg