cocoon-users mailing list archives

From oceatoon <t.katelb...@systheo.com>
Subject Re: using resources from root sitemap in subsitemap?
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2005 09:55:19 GMT
Geert Josten wrote:

> Hi all, I'm new on the list.
>
> I suppose entities will work, but sounds a bit awkward to me. Can't tell
> about 2.1.6.
Yes and the include tag seems just made for this but doesn't seem to work.

> A more general question though: In which cases have you all found
> resources easy to use?

> I tend to just write more pipelines and matches that are smaller and are
> constructed such that you can combine them easily. Something like:
>
>        <map:match pattern="mytransform/**">
>          <map:generate src="cocoon:/{1}" />
>          <map:transform src="mytransform.xsl" />
>          <map:serialize type="xml"/>
>        </map:match>
>
> so that somewhere else one can do:
>
>        <map:match pattern="get/**">
>          <map:generate src="{global:resource-path}{1}" />
>          <map:serialize type="xml"/>
>        </map:match>
>
>        <map:match pattern="get/result.html">
>          <map:generate src="cocoon:/mytransform/get/data.xml" />
>          <map:serialize type="html"/>
>        </map:match>

In application the result would be the same, I don't quite know for the
performance difference, but equaly ressources would simply be declared
similarly to your pipeline declaration but in the resources section and
then you can just do a call:map resource="mytransform" anywhere in the
pipeline.