cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jean-Roch SCHMITT <jean-roch.schm...@noos.fr>
Subject Trouble with form buttons having id="submit"
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2005 18:03:49 GMT
After several hours lost at reviewing my form definition code, I found
that most Cocoon samples actually define validation buttons id as
"submit".

Hence, it seems to be a common source à troubles. In my case, a
Javascript message "form.submit() is not a function" was logged into
the console.

Here is a link :
http://www.talkaboutprogramming.com/group/comp.lang.javascript/
messages/384839.html

I am not an expert of those topics, but if I would dare an advice :
rename these buttons, and you jump to the next bug of yours, as I will
now do with mines :-) Unless some of our most respected gurus have a
more subtle solution.

I hope this helps some of this list fellows.

Best regards,

Jean-Roch SCHMITT