cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ralf.Petersi...@tegis.de
Subject Generating Portal Events with JavaScript
Date Mon, 21 Feb 2005 09:03:02 GMT
Hello,

I am working on a Portal used to display geographic maps. There shoud be a
possibility that the user defines the rectange by dragging the mouse and
the portal should display the defined area in a new map. To solve this
problem, I need to pass the defined rectangle as a parameter of a portal
event.

The question I have is

1. Is there a possibility to generate portal events using JavaScript?
It is possible to define a event like
<cl:link path="map/bounds" value="10;20;100;100" coplet="my-map-1">
but I would like to write something like
<cl:link path="map/bounds" value="javascript:getBounds()"
coplet="my-map-1">

2. Is there a possibilty to trigger a event using JavaScript
In this case I would store the bound in a hidden field and trigger the
event after the dragging has finished.

Any hints are wellcome.

Thanks

Ralf Petersilka