cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Gunter D'Hondt <gunter.dho...@sofico.be>
Subject RE: Best practice for conditionally displaying widgets?
Date Fri, 25 Feb 2005 09:45:09 GMT
> var bindpipe = "cocoon://" + myfile + ".bind";
it should be "cocoon:/" (with one slash)

Gunter

"Linden H van der (MI)" <H.vanderLinden@MI.unimaas.nl>
25-02-2005 10:34
Please respond to
users@cocoon.apache.org

<users@cocoon.apache.org>
cc

Subject
RE: Best practice for conditionally displaying widgets?

> var form = new Form("cocoon://form1.jx");
> form.createBinding("cocoon://form1Bind.jx");

This sounds like a good idea, but I've tried and failed:

- I built a pipeline like this:
<map:match pattern="*.bind">
<map:generate type="jx" src="{1}bind.jx"/>
<map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:match>

- I called it from the script like this:

var bindpipe = "cocoon://" + myfile + ".bind";
form.createBinding(bindpipe);

All this results in an error: "no such protocol cocoon:"

Any ideas?

Oceatoon: the widget that is affected by the language is required,
unfortunately. I've tried setting the bean property of that widget to
the default value but if the widget is not part of the template, I don't
get past the validation setting.
I've solved this by putting the widget in an invisible div.
What I couldn't solve this way was the other widget: NL version has 3
possible answers, while EN version has 2 possible answers and each has a
different default value.

Any other ideas?

Thanks.

Bye, Helma