cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Arijit Banerjee <Arijit_Baner...@in.ibm.com>
Subject Problem with cocoon
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2005 13:41:36 GMT
Hi there,

I've a program which should convert an XML file to excel file format.I
exported the XML file from MS-Excel XP.I'm getting a ClassCastException
when I'm trying to convert the exported xml file to xls.I'm using
cocoon-2.0.4 with jdom 1.0. What could be the problem?

The original xls and the exported xml file is attached.Both the xml and
xls are opening fine with MS Excel XP
NOTE: The attached XML is exported from MS EXCELL XP and not generated by
the code give below.

java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.apache.cocoon.components.elementprocessor.impl.poi.hssf.elements.EPStyles
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.elementprocessor.impl.poi.hssf.elements.EPStyle.initialize(EPStyle.java:160)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.serialization.ElementProcessorSerializer.startElement(ElementProcessorSerializer.java:508)
        at
org.jdom.output.SAXOutputter.startElement(SAXOutputter.java:1025)
        at org.jdom.output.SAXOutputter.element(SAXOutputter.java:894)
        at
org.jdom.output.SAXOutputter.elementContent(SAXOutputter.java:1093)
        at
org.jdom.output.SAXOutputter.elementContent(SAXOutputter.java:1067)
        at org.jdom.output.SAXOutputter.element(SAXOutputter.java:897)
        at
org.jdom.output.SAXOutputter.elementContent(SAXOutputter.java:1093)
        at
org.jdom.output.SAXOutputter.elementContent(SAXOutputter.java:1067)
        at org.jdom.output.SAXOutputter.element(SAXOutputter.java:897)
        at org.jdom.output.SAXOutputter.output(SAXOutputter.java:621)
        at XMLExcel.main(XMLExcel.java:43)

public class XMLExcel {

                File infile = new
                        File( "C:/ari.xml" );
                  File outfile = new
                        File( "C:/ari.xls" );

                  try {
                   outfile.createNewFile();
                   OutputStream fos = new FileOutputStream( outfile );
                   SAXBuilder builder = new SAXBuilder();
                   Document doc = builder.build( infile );

                   HSSFSerializer hssf = new HSSFSerializer();
                   hssf.initialize();
                   hssf.setOutputStream( fos );

                   SAXOutputter saxOutput = new SAXOutputter( hssf );
                   saxOutput.output( doc );

                   System.out.println( "Done" );
                  } catch ( Exception e ) {
                   e.printStackTrace();