cocoon-users mailing list archives

From jason_co...@hti.htch.com
Subject Re: JSR-168 portlets content resetting?
Date Fri, 25 Feb 2005 18:10:22 GMT
Ralph Goers <Ralph.Goers@dslextreme.com> wrote on 02/25/2005 12:37:11 AM:

> jason_coyle@hti.htch.com wrote:
>

> > I've tried uncommenting anything related to marshalling JSR168 events
> > in cocoon.xconf, but without any success.  All the other code is
> > vanilla; I haven't changed any of the profiles/coplet*/portal.xml
> > files or the WEB-INF/portlet.xml files in the other applications.  If
> > samples from those files would be helpful, let me know.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Jaes
>
> Is this with or without PageLabels configured or does it make a
difference?

It doesn't seem to matter.  I followed the steps at
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/PortalPageLabels to enable PageLabels with
JSR-168 support, and the URLs have certainly changed, but the behavior
hasn't.  The JSR-168 portlets reset to whatever content they display when
first loaded when any portlet on the page has a link clicked.  Even if you
click on the maximize "button" on a JSR-168 portlet, when it is rendered
maximized, its content is reset.

For reference, here is the relevant section of my layout/portal.xml that
I'm using for testing this:

It doesn't seem to matter.  I followed the steps at
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/PortalPageLabels to enable PageLabels with
JSR-168 support, and the URLs have certainly changed, but the behavior
hasn't.  The JSR-168 portlets reset to whatever content they display when
first loaded when any portlet on the page has a link clicked.  Even if you
click on the maximize "button" on a JSR-168 portlet, when it is rendered
maximized, its content is reset.

For reference, here is the relevant section of my layout/portal.xml that
I'm using for testing this. the copletdata/*.xml and
copletinstancedata/*.xml files are completely as they were built from
source on Wednesday.  (I'm working with the 2.1.7 code now.)

  <named-item name="JSR-168">
    <composite-layout name="row">
      <item>
        <coplet-layout name="coplet"
layout-renderer-name="portlet-window">
          <coplet-instance-data>TestPortlet-1</coplet-instance-data>
        </coplet-layout>
      </item>
      <item>
        <coplet-layout name="coplet"
layout-renderer-name="portlet-window">
          <coplet-instance-data>CocoonPortlet</coplet-instance-data>
        </coplet-layout>
      </item>
      <item>
        <composite-layout name="column">
          <item>
            <coplet-layout name="coplet"
layout-renderer-name="portlet-window">
              <coplet-instance-data>Portlet-1</coplet-instance-data>
            </coplet-layout>
          </item>
          <item>
            <coplet-layout name="coplet"
layout-renderer-name="portlet-window">
              <coplet-instance-data>Portlet-2</coplet-instance-data>
            </coplet-layout>
          </item>
        </composite-layout>
      </item>
      <item>
        <composite-layout name="column">
          <item>
            <parameter name="width" value="50%" />
            <coplet-layout name="coplet" >
              <coplet-instance-data>app-test-1</coplet-instance-data>
            </coplet-layout>
          </item>
          <item>
            <parameter name="width" value="50%" />
            <coplet-layout name="coplet" >
              <coplet-instance-data>app-test-2</coplet-instance-data>
            </coplet-layout>
          </item>
        </composite-layout>
      </item>
    </composite-layout>
  </named-item>

Here are the sections of my cocoon.xconf that reference PageLabels:

 <component
class="org.apache.cocoon.portal.event.impl.DefaultEventManager"
logger="portal" role="org.apache.cocoon.portal.event.EventManager">
    <event-aspects>
        <aspect type="convertable"/>
        <aspect type="frame"/>
        <aspect type="link"/>
        <aspect type="full-screen-coplet"/>
        <aspect type="page-label"/>
        <aspect type="request-parameter">
          <parameter name="parameter-name"
value="cocoon-portal-event,url"/>
        </aspect>
    </event-aspects>
    <subscriber-classes>
        <class
name="org.apache.cocoon.portal.event.subscriber.impl.DefaultChangeAspectDataEventSubscriber"/>
        <class
name="org.apache.cocoon.portal.event.subscriber.impl.DefaultJXPathEventSubscriber"/>
        <class
name="org.apache.cocoon.portal.event.subscriber.impl.DefaulCopletDataEventSubscriber"/>
    </subscriber-classes>
    <subscriber-roles>
    </subscriber-roles>
 </component>

 <component class="org.apache.cocoon.portal.impl.PageLabelLinkService"
logger="portal" role="org.apache.cocoon.portal.LinkService"/>
 <component
class="org.apache.cocoon.portal.event.impl.PageLabelEventConverter"
logger="portal" role="org.apache.cocoon.portal.event.EventConverter">
 </component>

  <!-- Page Label Manager -->
  <component class="org.apache.cocoon.portal.impl.PageLabelManager"
logger="portal" role="org.apache.cocoon.portal.impl.PageLabelManager">
    <marshallEvents>true</marshallEvents>
  </component>