cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "depub2" <dep...@mxsi.com>
Subject Re: i18n transformer: how to translate cocoon forms messages
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2005 21:48:00 GMT
Hi Ellis,

My sitemap excerpt is below, but it does not appear to be working:

    <map:transformers default="xslt">
      <map:transformer name="forms"
src="org.apache.cocoon.forms.transformation.
FormsTemplateTransformer" logger="forms"/>

      <map:transformer name="simpleform"
        logger="sitemap.transformer.simpleform"
        src="org.apache.cocoon.transformation.SimpleFormTransformer">
        <input-module name="request-param"/>
      </map:transformer>

      <map:transformer name="i18n"
src="org.apache.cocoon.transformation.I18nTransformer">
        <catalogues default="other">
          <catalogue id="other" name="OtherMessages" location="messages"/>
          <catalogue id="forms" name="FormsMessages" location="messages"/>
          <location>messages</location>
        </catalogues>
        <cache-at-startup>false</cache-at-startup>
      </map:transformer>

I've also tried setting default="forms" - no success. What am I missing??
David

Hi,

The messages specified by the forms transformer explicitly specify the
i18n catalogue to be one named 'forms'; define this catalogue in your
sitemap and your widgets should pick up the i18n (use a cocoon-view to
have a look at the output of the forms transformer if you want to see
what's happening).

http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/WoodyHelloWorld helps, but it's for the
old 'Woody' forms stuff, so like pretty much of the rest of the
documentation, is a starting point rather than the gospel... <sigh>

Ellis.