cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Adam Ratcliffe" <a...@prema.co.nz>
Subject RE: sunBow Cocoon IDE or is there another convenient way to debug Cocoon apps?
Date Sun, 06 Feb 2005 19:25:00 GMT
Hi Jaka

Your debugging strategy will require different tools for debugging the
various component types
in Cocoon.

For debugging Java you can use the Sysdeo Tomcat plugin for Eclipse.
Debugging Java classes in Cocoon
works just the same way as debugging any other webapp, set a breakpoint and
invoke the application
through the browser.

For flowscript functions Cocoon has an inbuilt flow debugger that is
disabled by default. You can enable
the flow debugger by uncommenting the line       <!--
<debugger>enabled</debugger> --> in the
<flow-interpreters> section of cocoon.xconf. The flow debugger can be set to
break on function entry or
you can manually set breakpoints.

For debugging document production in pipelines the approach I often use is
to debug using Cocoon views,
using this approach you can view a document at an intermediate point in its
production by specifying an
alternate serialization point, more info on this a the wiki:
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/DebuggingWithViews

HTH
Adam