cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Claus Bech Rasmussen - TELMORE" <...@telmore.dk>
Subject Only one syntax for xpointers in xincludes?
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2005 10:34:31 GMT
Hi folks,

I'm using xincludes in documents served up by Cocoon (Well, by Forrest,
actually). I've read
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/transformers/xinclude-transformer.
html but have a question about the syntax of xpointers in xincludes:

The only thing that I can get to work is what's described in the above
document:

<xi:include href="myfile.xml#xpointer(/path/to/element)"/>

What I would like to do is to use the xpointer attribute and just point
to an ID in the target doc:

<xi:include href="myfile.xml" xpointer="my.element.id"/>

However, when I try this syntax, the entire document is included. Is
this the intended behavior?

/claus