cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Geert Josten <Geert.Jos...@daidalos.nl>
Subject Re: writing PDF file to filesystem
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2005 13:36:50 GMT
Hi,

> Hello Alex, hi list,
>
> I had a similar problem. I had an application which contains a lot of
> xml files which are published in different channels like xml, html and
> pdf. I solved the problem by using a bit of UNIX scripting and wget.
> In cocoon I defined a couple of pages which contain links to the used
> files in question. these pages serve as the starting points for wget.
>
> Although, I know that there is a cron compo in cocoon, I never used it.
>
> Markus

Generate the list with a directory generator (watch with caching!), XSL transform the list
to save:
instructions, making the files direct to cocoon pipes, save transfrom the list, serialize
a report.

or

Generate the list with a directory generator (watch with caching!), XSL transform the list
source: and include: instructions, include the xsl-fo stuff, sourcewrite transfrom the list,

serialize a report.

Though, I think the latter solution might be a bad approach, considering large or many xsl-fo

documents... unless the streaming concept prevents a lot of caching...

Cheers