cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Geert Josten <Geert.Jos...@daidalos.nl>
Subject Re: writing PDF file to filesystem
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2005 13:30:27 GMT
Hi,

> Doesn't it? It allows you to specify the serializer. I've never used it,
> but I've seen the code there. By default it uses the XML serializer, you
> just need to specify another.
>
> Am I missing something?
>
> Regards, Upayavira

Hmmm it _is_ possible with the SourceWritingTransformer, but only because XSL-FO is XML and
there is
a serializer that can convert the FO XML to PDF, which can be directly written to disk by
this
transformer.

But what if you want to write something that isn't derived from XML? You can't just insert
binary
data into the <source:fragment> element and make it be written to some file...

Cheers