cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Geert Josten <Geert.Jos...@daidalos.nl>
Subject Re: Save pipeline results on client
Date Sun, 20 Feb 2005 16:22:42 GMT
Hi Nick,

I think your approach is the best bet. Isn't there a way to trigger the Save dialog from JavaScript,

the way some sites are able to trigger the printing dialog?

Cheers

> Hi everybody,
>
> Thank you for reading this post. I need some help with storing pipeline
> results on the client side. The ultimate goal is to have somewhere a
> button, which, when clicked, will provide a "Save as" dialog box, so
> that the user will be able to save the produced XML to his or her file
> system.
>
> When I was trying to implement that, I could not come up with anything
> better, than having a JavaScript enabled button, that will open a new
> browser window. Window's location will point to a pipeline which ends
> with an XML serializer with some non-default mime type (or I guess, I
> can make a reader for this purpose). As the result, the browser will not
> try to render the content, but rather offer a dialog box that prompts
> user to either select a suitable application to work with the file with
> or to save it to disk.
>
> Are there any more elegant solutions? Thank you very much for your time.
>
> Sincerely,
> Nick Goupinets.

Geert.Josten@Daidalos.nl
IT-consultant at Daidalos BV, Zoetermeer (NL)

http://www.daidalos.nl/
tel:+31-(0)79-3316961
fax:+31-(0)79-3316464

GPG: 1024D/12DEBB50